a not-for-profit organization based in New Delhi, India. CMAC works in the field of culture, design and media. Its role has been to create an interface between artists from different genres, to facilitate and to provide a platform for production, cultural exchange of art and ideas, and dialogue in the visual and performing arts. A key objective of the organization is conceptualizing and implementing specially designed productions mounted on excellent technological skills. Over nearly a decade the organization has developed projects and campaigns through different art practices such as new media design, performance, video, public and community based art and dialogue, sound and other experimental modes of cultural production.
Aims and Objectives:
- To conceive and execute creative productions that re-live as well as further traditional art practices.
- To engage in the use of new media and technology to increase dialogue and interaction across art practices in mainstream spaces.
- To provide a platform to artist and assist, develop and promote art and design practices in all media.
- To actively facilitate an informal network of contemporary artists cultural activists and designers across India and abroad.
- To promote discussion, understanding and appreciation of contemporary arts and design practices and to provide a forum for critical debate.
- To support archiving, documenting and reviving arts and crafts practices form rural India.
Some of the Publications by CMAC